Wednesday, May 5

It's More than Just Art. . .

It's More than Just Art. . .
it's a Vision for Your Family

and it helps bring a little boy home from Ethiopia

If you have been in my home, you have seen the large whimsical art above my fireplace. Oh. .this is so much more than just decor; this is what the Soutters are all about; these are our priorities.


The sales of these one-of-a kind pieces of art helped to raise funds for our adoption of a little boy from Ethiopia. And due to the volume of orders I have currently, I am no longer taking orders. I have many orders to keep me creating until March 2011 and then our little boy comes home!! I am keeping this post up because one day I want to make all my posts into a book for our son. . for him to see how God was orchestrating his coming home. So if you came here from another link, thanks for your interest, but I am not taking orders or adding to my wait list. I am slowing down to wrap up current orders, prepare for our son, and then adjust, transition, and bond as a family of 7. Thanks for understanding.

Here is a painting I did for the Marble family:


Just tell me your colors. What colors make you smile?
Pink and brown made this gal smile. You can click on any of these pictures to view it larger.

Or you can send me photos of the room where you will hang this one-of-a-kind art. Here is a painting I did for a special family in Kansas after I saw pictures of their kitchen:

Tell me what color background you are thinking. a neutral like Cream or Tan/Khaki OR a bright cheerful color like this apple green.

Or perhaps a soft blue. I can do any color background you want.

Tell me your colors and I will then pick out the paint and paper and have you approve. This gal shared she wanted blues and khakis and some turquoise too because it was her favorite color.

Once colors are approved, you then get me a list of 20 things your family is about. I can give you a list to help you brainstorm.

Here is a painting I did for the family. I love that one of their "we do statements" is we do snuggles.

Each painting is a custom, unique piece just for your home. No two paintings are identical; this is truly one-of-a- kind art. What a reminder of your family's priorities and purpose!! This piece was made for a special family in California:

The paintings are dimensional. . the words "In This Home" and the house stands out from the canvas. The roof and door of the house are separate pieces and add even more dimension.

I love the button as the doorknob.

Three sizes are available:

A 24" wide by 18" tall painting is $75.

Here is a 24 by 18 painting that will hang in the Roe's homeschool room. I just need to put their 15-20 "we do" statements on it.

The next size I offer is 36" wide by 24" tall for $130. This was a birthday present from a hubby to his wife.

I also offer a huge, 48" wide by 36" tall pieces of art; this is the size of the painting in my living room for $240. Here is one of the large paintings I did for the Dickenson's, to hang in their dining room:

Contact me at susoutter at bellsouth dot net (use @ and .) and we can talk your colors, what your family is all about, and get started on your unique piece of art work right away.

And one more picture. Below is a painting I did for the Cleary family. Look how the door and windows match her dining room walls perfectly!

Click here to see what the Cleary family and others are saying about their paintings.

Please note that if you are not local (Raleigh, NC) and I have to ship your painting, shipping/handling charges will be added to the price of the painting. I will just add the exact amount that I am charged to ship it, plus the charge of the box. The 24 by 18 paintings average $17. The 36 by 24 painting are averaging around $22. And the largest 48 by 36 paintings are averaging $98 to ship.

17 comments:

  1. i will definitely be ordering! =) love, love, love these. will e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I plan to order one definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just tried to email you to order but it bounced back! Could you email me?
    shannon_miller72@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to talk my husband into getting me this for my birthday. These are WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo gorgeous!! i absolutly love these!! what an awesome idea and a great fundraiser.
    I cant afford one right now... but I am going to be praying that lots of people will buy from you. In fact... I am going to post a link on my blog sending people to you!! These are soooo awesome?
    Did I mention that these are awesome? lol!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful AND inspiring!!

    We are adopting as well (and broke), but I wish you the best of luck!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I really really love these. I would love to buy one, but, you know, we're adopting from Ethiopia so we have no money!!

    I hope you make tons tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pieces and for a great cause. We are adoptive parents too after 4 biological kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are adopting from Ethiopia as well...have our court date on June 9th. Would love to order one...will think about colors and such and get back to you. ARe you on facebook? Would love to put a plug in for you on there, if you're on there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa-

    I tried to email you. . I will have to go check out your blog and find an email there. How exciting you are so close!!! We just got our fingerprint appt today in the mail. The date is May 28.

    I am not on Facebook. But thanks for wanting to share about my paintings.

    I am off to check out your blog-
    Su

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Just happened over here via another blog. Are you still doing these? I tried to email you but it bounced back. :( I would love one of these in my kitchen. I have the perfect spot for it - right over my grandmother's buffet! We live in Goldsboro and adopted our daughter from China 2 years ago. And yes, I'm working on my hubby for another one! Please let me know if you are still making them.

    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey -- I'd love to add a button for you on our website www.wearegraftedin.com -- email me!
    Kelly@wearegraftedin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to have this but with Isaiah 54 on it! I love love these. What would be the price fof something like that? you can email me at ejmjaesh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please put me on your waiting list! I love these and one of our dear friends just adopted a child from Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be on your waiting list too, if you ever decide to make more:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you mind if I take this idea and change it up a bit as a fundraiser for our Haiti adoption? email me at jcruz116 (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are adopting from Colombia and I'm fundraising right now. What was the most effective way to get your fundraising word out. My FB friends are ready to unfriend me! Any ideas would be great! If you get a chance would you email me at hedandtoe@gmail.com? Thanks so much!
    Heather Gallagher

    ReplyDelete