Monday, April 4

Wanna Join Me Friday Night for This. . .

Jeff and Kathy Boyum are the leaders of King's Kids Minnesota. King's Kids is a ministry of Youth With a Mission and is committed to discipling children, teenagers, and families. King's Kids believes in linking the generations. They also believe that God does not put an age limit on when He can use a person and thus believe in the capacity of kids, preteens, and teens to know God, hear God, and be used by God. Rob and I used to work with the King's Kids team here in Raleigh for many years.


Jeff and Kathy and their 7 children are coming to Raleigh while on a tour of Canada and the USA. They will be speaking this Friday night, April 8 at 7:30PM at Gateway Christian Fellowship which is located at 4900 Water's Edge Drive. I so want to go and would love for you to join me. We could all meet at my house at 7 and then ride together.


Here's a pic of the Boyum family:



And below is a little bit of the email the Boyums sent out explaining what they will be speaking on Friday night:

"God has a call and purpose for families. The promise made to Abraham is that he and his family would be blessed and they would then BE a blessing to the nations (Gen. 12:2, 18:18-19). As families "keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice," then nations will be blessed.

This is why we are going on the road: to encourage and challenge families to seriously seek God together about the plans He has for them. Families have great potential to impact the world for God's kingdom!

We believe very much that this is a time in our nation for Christian families to be encouraged and challenged to live the call of God out in exciting and radical ways.”

If you want to go. . .you certainly can just show up at the above time and location, but if you want to go with me. . .shoot me an email and let's see if we can ride together.





3 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I had read this earlier :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Su, thank you for your contribution to our fundraiser and especially your encouraging words:) You and your family are very much appreciated, you have been a blessing in more ways than one. Thank you dear friend and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Su! :)

    My husband and I just returned home from Ethiopia where were passed court! Gudetu is FINALLY officially our daughter! While we were visiting her in the Thomas Center I took the time to hug on and play with Galeta. I took a few videos- which I know you'll want to see! We have emailed back and forth, but I can't seem to find your info. Please drop me an email at meliski(at) gmail(dot)com and I'll send you the videos and photos ASAP!
    :)Melissa

    ReplyDelete