Friday, April 29
You know you're an adoptive parent (or should be) if:
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth.(2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word "Dossier" means, and you can actually pronounce it!
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
Monday, April 4
Jeff and Kathy and their 7 children are coming to Raleigh while on a tour of Canada and the USA. They will be speaking this Friday night, April 8 at 7:30PM at Gateway Christian Fellowship which is located at 4900 Water's Edge Drive. I so want to go and would love for you to join me. We could all meet at my house at 7 and then ride together.
Here's a pic of the Boyum family:
"God has a call and purpose for families. The promise made to Abraham is that he and his family would be blessed and they would then BE a blessing to the nations (Gen. 12:2, 18:18-19). As families "keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice," then nations will be blessed.
This is why we are going on the road: to encourage and challenge families to seriously seek God together about the plans He has for them. Families have great potential to impact the world for God's kingdom!
We believe very much that this is a time in our nation for Christian families to be encouraged and challenged to live the call of God out in exciting and radical ways.”
If you want to go. . .you certainly can just show up at the above time and location, but if you want to go with me. . .shoot me an email and let's see if we can ride together.